Tuesday, October 18, 2011

On my way to 13.1

I have been training for a half-marathon on and off for almost a year now. I am so excited that in just a few days I will be running my very first half!! I am setting a really big goal for myself (well a big goal for me, considering I don't run fast) of 2 hours and 35 minutes!! I have never actually ran an entire 13.1 miles, but I have come pretty close. So we will see : )
Until this past weekend (October 15 to be exact) I had NEVER even ran a 5k or any race at all for that matter! I had friends that kept telling me I should probably run a least 1 race before I do the half-marathon so that I could get the feel of what it's like to run in that environment. I ran in the Scarecrow run in Watkinsville with my friend Carla and I finished the 3.1 miles in 31.50 minutes. I unfortunately didn't get any pictures, but I am hoping that I remember to get a few this Sunday before and after the half-marathon. I am nervous, but so excited and hope that I can just make it through! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment