Saturday, October 25, 2014

Whole30: 20 Days In!!

Today is day 20 of my Whole30 challenge, that's 2/3 of the way through!  I can hardly believe I have made it to this point! To be honest- I did not see myself lasting this long with no sugar, wine, cheese, milk, etc. But, I have and I couldn't be more excited to finish out the next 10 days. It is not excitement because I want to have those things again, but more so to see what other changes I will experience in the final days of the Whole30.

Since I have cut out sugar completely I no longer crave that rush. I have found that I am satisfied after I eat a meal, where as I would normally need something sweet to end with or I felt unsatisfied. 
I have another 10 days to go and I feel like I could continue far past 30 days. So may of the things I have done over the last 20 days I will continue to implement from now on.  For instance, I have completely cured my "need" for creamer in my coffee and I'm loving using 100% pure coconut milk as a substitution. I have also discovered so many recipes that will become a part of my family's weekly menu. Here are a few pictures of some of the things that I have made and really loved!! 



Whole30 approved banana nut muffins!! There is absolutely no wheat or dairy in them!! 

Crock pot Salsa Chicken (with Whole30 approved salsa)

Caramelized bananas with almond butter and toasted pecans 

Hamburger with a sweet potato bun 

Homemade chicken soup topped with fresh cilantro and avocado 

I didn't cook this, but has come to be my favorite take out meal. Chipotle salad with chicken. (Most of the items on Chipotle's menu are Whole30 approved.  I can't believe I had only eaten there once before!


No comments:

Post a Comment