Friday, June 3, 2011

Striving to be a RUNNER

So, for the last couple of months I have taken up running. I want so badly to be a "runner" My goal is to eventually complete a half marathon which is 13.1 consecutive miles. I am hoping to reach my goal by November so that I can compete in the Rock-N-Roll half marathon in Savannah.
A couple of weeks ago I signed up for the Joggermom Virtual Marathon and it really helped me to be more accountable for my progress. The purpose of the marathon was to complete 26.2 miles during the month of May (less than 7 miles a week) so this goal was pretty attainable. I can run 2-3 miles at a time and have ran up to 4 for a long run. So I am going to be updating my blog with my progress in hopes that it may help me reach my gaol of running 13.1 miles (which to me right now seems CrAzy) : )

No comments:

Post a Comment